10 UNDER $10
WELCOME BACK, BEAUTIES!
So, this morning I was doing my makeup and I realized that I have not blogged about beauty in a little while now. I think it's because I have not been too interested in makeup lately. I think makeup can get redundant and boring, unless you are someone who likes to experiment a lot. I, for one, am not that kind of person. Personally, if it looks good and doesn't break the bank, I will be 100% satisfied. Now, that brings me to the title of this post.
I tend to be pretty frugal with makeup most of the time, unless it's some sort of a Limited Edition goodness that screams "if you do not buy me now, you will regret it for the rest of your life" kind of product. That is why I absolutely adore the DRUGSTORE!
I want to share my 10 favorite items that are very affordable and work great, too!
1. NIVEA POST SHAVE BALM: I have to give all props and credit to NkkieTutorials on YouTube. This product, while designed for men to use after shaving, works amazingly as a makeup primer. it has a strange sticky and milky texture that allows for foundation to literally stick to your skin, as well as maximizing the longevity of your makeup. It works great, it's cheap -- what's not to love?
2. MAYBELLINE SUPER STAY BETTER SKIN FOUNDATION: I absolutely am in love with this foundation for my combination skin type. It has a medium coverage, but it's also lightweight on the skin and doesn't feel like birthday cake on the face. I, personally, prefer using this foundation with a beauty blender (or any sponge) for an even coverage. The only issue with most drugstore foundations is their color selection. If you want a dewy finish, you could mix this with some sort of face oil. I have done that a few times during the colder months, when my skin is a lot more dry and it mixes well with other products. Oh, and did I mention it's cheap?
3. MAYBELLINE FIT ME POWDER: I don't like using powder that much, but sometimes it's pretty much inevitable. This is my go-to powder that miraculously matches my skin tone. The Fit Me range by Maybelline actually does a great job by providing a good range of colors and undertones. This is one of the few powders that doesn't have a weird scent. It does provide coverage, so be aware of that -- go easy with your brush, trust me.
4. MARIO BADESCU ROSE WATER: I think that I sometimes bathe my face in this stuff, that's how amazing it is. I specifically use this spray before foundation and primer. It helps moist my skin and get it ready for primer. If I feel like my skin is looking dull or dry, I will also spray this after applying makeup. But honestly, it's great to have this handy throughout the day to freshen up. Just a few sprays of this while you're falling asleep at work on a Monday will wake you up in no time! I am also a huge fan of the skincare line -- worth checking out for sure!
5. ELF BLUSH/BRONZER DUO: this product was meant to be a dupe for Nars Laguna bronzer and Nars Orgasm blush duo. The Elf one, however, is a small fraction of the price. It's a beautiful bronzer with slight shimmer and the blush is nicely pigmented, too. This little palette is great for traveling, as it is quite compact and sturdy in its packaging. I give it a 5 out of 5!
6. MAYBELLINE LASH SENSATIONAL MASCARA: WOW, Maybelline is winning today! I promise, this post was not sponsored by Maybelline. I have been using this mascara for the past several months and I've gotta say it's one of my favorite drugstore mascaras ever. The only down side is that it's a little trickier to get off your lashes at night (or whenever you take your makeup off). Or maybe I just got used to mascaras that you can take off with just plain water. Not sure. Have you tried this before? Did you feel like it was harder to get off? Tell me, pretty please.
7. MAYBELLINE GREAT LASH MASCARA: seriously, I need to give Maybelline a break here. But they do make some great mascaras! This one I use as a brow gel though. I get it in the color brown, not sure if that's the lightest one they have. I fill in my brows and then use this baby to set it in place. It does a great job of holding all the little brow hairs together and giving a nice tint to the brows as well. You can also try the same one but in a clear color, if you don't care to tint your brows (like Cara Delavigne, for example, ugh I love her brows).
8. NYX SUEDE LIQUID LIPSTICK: these NYX lipsticks are some of the greatest on the market. I love the formula, the pigmentation, the longevity and the color selection as well. I have a couple of deep berry and red shades of this particular kind and they are all excellent and apply like butter. The only thing is if you try finding it in stores, like Ulta for example, it's kind of hard to find some of the more popular shades, especially the nudes and the browns. So, be on the lookout!
9. MILANI AMORE MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK: this one is my second favorite after the NYX ones. I first stumbled upon these last summer and I have been a fan ever since. These are very affordable and come in a variety of different colors. The formula is a tad bit drying, but what liquid lipstick doesn't dry on the lips? The only difference is that for some you will be paying a LOT more. I own a couple of high-end ones from ABH and Too Faced, but almost always reach for my drugstore ones, no kidding. Oh and I found these Milani ones at CVS for $3.99 a piece, so be sure to check if yours has a sale on these babies.
10. MILANI ROSE POWDER BLUSH: I know that everyone and their dog raves about the Milani blush in Luminoso and while that one is the bomb.com this one if often overlooked. I think the rose-shaped line is excellent. It's completely matte and comes in very neutral tones, which is great for everyday wear. I can get greasy sometimes, so I prefer for my blush to stay as matte as possible, especially with the use of highlighters. Nobody wants to look like a disco ball, unless you do, in which case I support you whole-heartedly.
I hope this was helpful and you all enjoyed my picks. Please let me know if you try any of my recommendations. I will "talk" to you all soon. Next one is going to be an outfit post for sure, so stay tuned!
MUCH LOVE & STUFF,