Hi, darlings and dearests:
It's been a while, I know. But between planning a cross-country move to California, my husband's medical school graduation and several big projects to work on -- my hands were full. However, I owed it to myself to do one last shoot in the place I called home for three years. I want to raise a toast to Florida and all that it has taught me in the past three years:
1. Humidity is the most evil thing, but you can manage with good hairspray, permanent makeup and constant hydration (only kidding about the permanent makeup thing)
2. Sun protection is EVERYTHING! I am not joking about this one. I can't even count how many times I failed miserably for not using sun protection by getting weird tan lines or having my skin peel like I was the snake that tricked Eve into eating the damn apple.
3. You can never have too many sandals: it is literally the only shoe that makes sense to have multiples of. I have had the same pair of heels and boots because I only used them a handful of times, but I went through at least 30 pairs of sandals. And they don't take up that much space in your closet!! SHOP MY FAVES HERE:
4. There is nothing that a day at the beach can't fix. Pack the biggest cooler you have with drinks, snacks and other goodies. Pack your towels, games, music, whatever else you want to do at the beach and just go for the whole day. We loved going to Daytona Beach or Cocoa Beach and when we got Mr. Polo (our furry son) we discovered New Smyrna Dunes Park Dog Beach, where you are allowed to bring your dogs and enjoy the beach with them.
5. Seafood is supposed to be fresh! I got super spoiled living in Florida with some of the best fish and seafood items readily available all year round. I also discovered that I am allergic to Cod and some other white fish. So no more Fish n Chips from Epcot for me. I've mourned this one for months. So sad! If you're ever in Orlando, I highly recommend the following seafood joints: Lee & Rick's Oyster Bar, MoonFish, and Flying Fish. You will love them all!
Orlando, Florida was a great home to me. This is the place where I decided to start my blog and met so many incredible friends along the way. This is where I got married and adopted my dog, Polo. This is where I fell in love with tacos and lots of seafood. This is the place that helped me learn all the ins and outs of "adulting" if that's even a thing. I want to thank each and everyone of you for making Orlando a special place. I think it's never about the places, but mainly about the people you meet and the experiences you have that matters most.
I will forever think of Orlando as a "place to call home" and it will always have a piece of my heart. And in the words of a great poet of the 21st century, Pete Wentz of "Fall Out Boy" -- Orlando, THNKS FR TH MMRS!!!
SHOP MY LOOK HERE:
*Huge THANKS to my friend, Mohsin (@manjistan) for capturing these lovely images